Due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face to face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Non-urgent medical queries and administrative queries can be submitted via econsult on our homepage. We will respond to any queries by the end of the next working day. You must be registered with the Health Centre to use this service. It is an effective way to resolve a wide range of issues.
The Health Centre is open and available for routine health queries.
If appropriate the clinician will arrange a face to face appointment for later that day or a future date and time, or alternatively may offer a video consultation via your mobile phone. Please read information below on attending face to face appointments.
Duty Doctor Telephone Clinics
Monday to Friday
Morning 08.30 – 10.30
Afternoon 14.00 – 16.00
These clinics are intended for patients with more urgent medical problems that need to be dealt with before the next available routine telephone appointment. Please call reception before the end of the clinic time and tell the receptionist that you wish to speak to the duty doctor. The reception team may ask you a few questions to signpost you to the most appropriate clinic.
Urgent Medical Problems
If you feel your medical problem is so urgent that it cannot wait until the next Duty Doctor’s clinic, please notify reception.
If you think you may have Covid-19, please do not come into the Health Centre. Those with suspected Covid-19 or who live with someone with symptoms or those have been told to self-isolate by a test and trace service should call NHS 111 or visit their website.
Attending a face to face appointment
The following measures are in place for your safety. Please comply with the information below or directed to you by one of our team. We ask that you attend appointments alone if possible to minimise the number of patients in the building at one time.
You will only be admitted to the Health Centre if you have a face to face appointment. For booking appointments or any other queries please call reception on 020 7584 6301 or use e-consult on our homepage.
Please do not attend the Practice for an appointment if you have symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please wear a mask or other effective face covering on arrival to the Health Centre. If you do not have a face covering then you will be given a mask on entry.
- The Health Centre door will be locked. Please use the keypad next to the door and press B49400 to call the reception desk.
- A member of the team will meet you at the door to check your temperature using a non-contact thermometer. If you have a high temperature you will not be admitted and will be advised by the team what to do next.
- You will be asked to use the alcohol gel and wear disposable latex gloves which will be provided. If you have a latex allergy please inform reception ideally before your arrival.
- After we have checked you in we will direct you to the correct waiting room.
During your visit
- Whilst waiting for your appointment please keep your distance from other patients and staff. We have reduced the number of chairs and tables in the waiting room to facilitate this.
- Please do not cross paths with other patients and staff in the corridors. There is space at the end of corridors to wait for others.
- We have removed water dispensers from the waiting rooms so please bring water with you if required. Please do not eat food in the waiting rooms.
- Please avoid asking queries or booking appointments at the reception desk. Please wait until you have left the building and call the reception team or use to e-consult on our homepage.
Please do not attend the Practice unless told to do so by a member of the team.
The Health Centre will continue to have a closed door policy to minimise the risk of infection from COVID-19 and to protect vulnerable patients. Patients will not be admitted unless prearranged.
If you are unsure who you need to speak to please call our reception team who will happily assist you.