Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we changed the way we offer appointments. This has been to limit face to face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus. Most of our GP appointments are now offered over the telephone. We may ask for further information in advance of your appointment.
Non-urgent medical queries and administrative queries can be submitted via econsult on our homepage. We will respond to any queries by the end of the next working day. You must be registered with the Health Centre to use this service. It is an effective way to resolve a wide range of issues. Our e-consultations are first processed by the Central London e-Hub team, who will endeavour to direct your query to the most appropriate person e.g. a physiotherapist for musculoskeletal issues.
The Health Centre is open and available for routine health queries.
If required the clinician will arrange a face to face appointment for later that day or a future date and time, or alternatively may offer a video consultation via your mobile phone. Please read information below on attending face to face appointments.
Urgent Appointments – Duty Doctor Telephone Clinics
Monday to Friday
Morning 08.30 – 10.30
Afternoon 14.00 – 16.00
These clinics are intended for patients with more urgent medical problems that need to be dealt with before the next available routine telephone appointment. Please call reception before the end of the clinic time and tell the receptionist that you wish to speak to the duty doctor. The reception team may ask you a few questions to signpost you to the most appropriate clinic. The receptionist will send you an SMS message to collect further information on your medical issue.
Emergency Medical Problems
If you feel your medical problem is so urgent that it cannot wait until the next Duty Doctor’s clinic, please notify reception.
If you think you may have Covid-19, please do not come into the Health Centre. Those with suspected Covid-19 or who live with someone with symptoms or those have been told to self-isolate by a test and trace service should call NHS 111 or visit their website.
The Practice is able to refer patients to a local Community Pharmacy for support with minor ailments such as;
- Sore throats
- Cold or flu
- Mouth ulcers
- Bites and stings
- Acne, spots and pimples
Community Pharmacists are able to deal with a range of issues and are a quick and effective way to get advice.
We will always try and refer to your nearest London pharmacy where possible and our reception team will discuss this with you prior to referring.
Usually the practice will suggest a referral to a patient. However, patients can call reception and request a referral where it is clinically appropriate.
Attending a face to face appointment
The following measures are in place for your safety. Please comply with the information below or directed to you by one of our team. We ask that you attend appointments alone if possible to minimise the number of patients in the building at one time.
Please do not attend the Practice for an appointment if you have symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please wear a mask or other effective face covering on arrival to the Health Centre. If you do not have a face covering then you will be given a mask on entry.
- A member of the team will check your temperature using a non-contact thermometer. If you have a high temperature you will not be admitted and will be advised by the team what to do next.
- Please use the alcohol gel provided for cleaning your hands.
- After we have checked you in, we will direct you to the correct waiting room.
During your visit
- Whilst waiting for your appointment please keep your distance from other patients and staff. We have reduced the number of chairs and tables in the waiting room to facilitate this.
- We have removed water dispensers from the waiting rooms so please bring water with you if required. Please do not eat food in the waiting rooms.
- Please avoid asking queries or booking appointments at the reception desk. Please wait until you have left the building and call the reception team or use to e-consult on our homepage.
If you are unsure who you need to speak to please call our reception team who will happily assist you.