IPC Lead for the practice – Charlotte Hynes – Practice Nurse
IPC Deputy is Jacquie O’Connor – Practice Manager
Antibiotic Lead is Dr Mark Daniels
Sepsis Lead is Dr Chris Allen
This annual statement will be generated in April annually and we will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and action taken
- Details of ICP audits and risk assessments undertaken and actions taken
- Details of staff training
- Details of IPC advice to patients
- Details of reviewed ICP policies
There were no significant events relating to ICP in the previous 12 months.
All staff have received the following training:
- Hand hygiene – 100% compliant in correct technique in hand hygiene – all staff are aware of the importance of good hand hygiene in reducing infections.
- PPE training – 100% compliance in the correct use of PPE
- Temperature checking – 100% compliant for all the administrative team how to check a temperature
- Single use of instruments – 100% compliant
- Emergency kit awareness – 100% compliant
- Lateral flow testing kits – 100%
- All clinical rooms are cleaned after nay face to face patient contacts and a record is keep
- All non- clinical areas / rooms are cleaned 4 times a day and a record is kept
Practice ICP Audit
We conduct a monthly spot check audit every month. The last one was completed on 17th March 2021.
- All staff comply with wearing face masks in public areas
- Hand gel is available on each desk
- All patients are temperature checked on arrival to the HC
- All patients are advised via text message to wear a face covering when attending the Health Centre
- All staff temperature checked on arrival at work
- The appointments schedule has been staggered and appointment times extended to ensure save social distancing for patients and allow for room cleaning.
- Cleaning products have been changed in line within current Government Covid-19 guidelines
- All staff have had a covid risk assessment
- All staff have been offered a Covid 19 vaccination
- All staff that have not had a covid vaccine have completed covid risk assessment training
- All staff have lateral flow tests weekly – full time staff test twice a week and part time staff once a week