You can now use the internet to;
- book appointments with a doctor
- cancel an appointment with a clinician
- request repeat prescriptions
- access your detailed medical record
It will be your responsibility to keep your login details and password safe and secure. If you know or suspect that your record has been accessed by someone that you have not agreed should see it, then you should change your password immediately.
If you can’t do this for some reason, we recommend that you contact the practice so that they can remove online access until you are able to reset your password.
If you print out any information from your record, it is also your responsibility to keep this secure. If you are at all worried about keeping printed copies safe, we recommend that you do not make copies at all.
Accessing Online Services
You can access online services here.
Registering for Online Access
Please bring the following documents to reception where you will be issued a username and password. We are unable to process applications sent by email or post.
- Patient online access registration form
- Photographic Identification (e.g. passport, driving licence, college identification card)
- 2nd identification confirming current address (e.g. council tax bill, utility bill, bank statement)
Forgotten your Username or Password
Usernames and passwords can be reset at reception. You will need to bring two forms of identification as above before the reception team will issue the new details.
Changes to your Account
If you would like to change the level of services available on your account then please follow the same procedure as ‘registering for online access’.